Texas has a long history in the oil and gas sector—namely providing hundreds of thousands of jobs to skilled workers. Employers contract employees in and around San Antonio to fill these positions–all of which carry a high risk of accidents. From drilling rigs, gas plants and compressor stations, hot oilers to workover and completion rigs and many more, oil and gas field workers are exposed to extremely dangerous and highly explosive environments where oil field injuries can occur at any time.
|oil rig work accident attorney in english|
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 42 million oil and gas workers are hurt at work annually. An Oil Rig Accident Attorney with Carbin Shaw is available to ensure that if you or a loved one becomes the victim of an oil rig accident, you are looked after and that you receive compensation and care. Many times, oil rig accidents are the result of someone’s negligence at the work site. Carabin Shaw’s attorneys and attorneys boast years of experience with all aspects of oil field-related injuries, accidents, and even deaths in San Antonio.
Need an Oil Rig Accident Lawyer?
Onshore and offshore oil rig works often introduce hazards that seriously injure workers. In fact, oil rig explosions and other accidents can disable and even kill people. If you were involved in an oil rig explosion, you have legal recourse. Learn more about these accidents and how our oil rig injury lawyers can help.
Common Oil Rig Accidents
Although oil spills create a variety of opportunities for extreme injuries and accidents, some common cases are listed below. Remember, contacting an attorney or oil rig accident lawyer is an important step in ensuring that you receive the best care and compensation in fighting your case.
- improperly stored substances or chemicals
- gas leak
- high pressure inside wells
- Negligent or unqualified trained worker at work
- exposure to harsh elements
- fatal slips and falls
- Improperly used tools and equipment
- reckless behavior
- block or cable break
- maintenance on equipment
- Blowouts in Drilling Operations
Common Types of Oil Rig Injuries
Hazards associated with working on an oil spill include:
- Fire and Explosion: Since oil is naturally flammable, fires and explosions are common.
- Defective machinery: Poor equipment and machinery can cause workers to be crushed, maimed, or killed on the job.
- Transport Accidents: Workers can get hurt during transit at the workplace.
- Weather: Hazardous weather can create dangerous conditions in which workers are injured.
- Slip-and-Falls: Falls can be fatal, and inadequate safety equipment and inclement weather can increase the risk on an oil rig.
- Chemical exposure: Potentially dangerous chemicals are used in the oil extraction process, and workers may be harmed as a result of chemical exposure.
Negligence and human error can have disastrous consequences if workers are killed or injured as a result of a coworker’s lapse of attention. Oil rig risks increase rapidly if workers lack adequate training, if the work site lacks the necessary safety equipment, or because of carelessness. Oil rig environments bring a higher-than-average risk of workplace accidents, and many oil field workers pay the ultimate price with their lives while on the job. If something goes wrong, you have legal rights. Since oil companies fight these lawsuits aggressively, it is important that you have an experienced attorney.
What to do Post Accident
Although taking the right safety measures can help you avoid an accident, it is very important to be aware of the steps you should take if you are involved in an accident.
- Notify Your Employer: When an injury occurs while on the job, notifying your employer should always be top of mind. Failure to report an accident can hinder your chance of receiving fair compensation and may even result in you losing your job if you don’t report it. Your employer is required to report the incident to the Division of Workers’ Compensation in Texas within eight days of the injury occurring at your job site. From there your accident investigation will start. Remember, before speaking with any type of claims adjuster, contact Carabin Shaw’s attorney.
- Seek immediate medical attention: You should seek medical attention for any injuries to ensure that you get the best health outcome from your condition. Often people overlook injuries that result in poor results down the road. If your employer offers workers compensation, you may have a pre-checked list to choose from.
- Seek an Oil Rig Accident Lawyer: By the time this step has arrived, your investigation is likely already diving in. It is important to contact an attorney for consultation in your case so that you are equipped to handle any wrench that comes your way. Most insurance companies will try to reduce your compensation, but Carabin Shaw’s team of experienced lawyers can help you navigate the process. Our San Antonio office is just a phone call away.
It’s easy to make careless mistakes when working in the oil and gas sector, but contacting a San Antonio oil rig accident lawyer can help you deal with insurance agencies that don’t have your best interests in mind. For any oil field injury and free consultation, call our office in San Antonio at 210-222-2288 or toll-free at 800-862-1260.
Why Morgan & Morgan?
Morgan & Morgan has over 30 years of experience with personal injury law. While we have over 800 lawyers today, at our core, we are a family firm that provides our clients with the same care and compassion that we give to our loved ones. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and never stop advocating for our customers. With you with us, you will never have to settle for less than what you deserve. Our oil rig injury lawyers understand the laws affecting onshore and offshore oil rig accidents, and know how to build a strong and viable case. Let us fight to receive compensation that reflects your pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, lost wages and punitive damages. We understand what you are going through and want to help you through every step of the process. Find out what Morgan & Morgan can do for you — fill out this form for a free case evaluation.