CCC Certificate: What is CCC Certificate? CCC is an abbreviation for Course on Computer Concepts, which is a computer literacy program designed to impart fundamental IT knowledge to the general public. The program was recommended by the National Task Force of Information Technology and Software Development. The NIELIT (National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology) conducts the exam and awards CCC certificates to candidates that successfully complete the programme.
Students can find more about Certificates, explore the types used for academic purposes, professional purposes and more.
Who is the CCC Certificate for?
CCC is a program that imparts the basics of computers and Information technology. Hence, any candidate who is aspiring to join a government or a private job must consider applying for this course. In today’s world, everything runs on computers – from clerical jobs such as data entry to more complex, research-based jobs such as data science. Regardless, familiarising with the basics of computing is important for career and everyday life. Today, there is a growing gap between industry demand and required skills, thereby affecting employment. Hence, the National Task Force of Information Technology and Software Development program aims to bridge that gap with the CCC certificate.
CCC Certificate Overview
Following is a brief overview of the CCC – from course duration to mode of examination.
|Conducted by||National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Course Name||Course on Computer Concepts (CCC)|
|Duration of Course||80 hours (Theory 25 Hrs + Tutorial 5 Hrs + Practice 50 Hrs)|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of Examination||1 hour|
|Question Type||Objective questions (MCQs)|
|Level||Fundamentals and Basics|
|Examination Fee||INR 500 (Excluding GST)|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online – Netbanking / Credit card/ Debit card / UPI|
|Educational Qualification||None required|
|Age Requirements||No minimum or maximum age cut off|
|Number of questions||100|
The syllabus of the Course on Computer Concepts includes 8 chapters. These are all fundamental concepts that help the user understand and gain working knowledge about computers. The chapters are as follows:
|Chapter Number||Chapter Name||Theory||Practical||Tutorial|
|Chapter 1||Introduction to Computers||2||4||1|
|Chapter 2||Introduction to GUI-based Operating Systems||3||8||–|
|Chapter 3||Elements of Word Processing||4||10||2|
|Chapter 5||Computer communications and Internet||4||5||–|
|Chapter 6||WWW & Web browsers||2||3||–|
|Chapter 7||Communication and Collaboration||2||2||–|
|Chapter 8||Making Small Presentations||4||8||–|
CCC Eligibility Criteria
Any candidate who is interested in pursuing CCC can apply.
- There is no minimum educational qualification
- There are no minimum or maximum age requirements.
Note: That the candidates can appear in one of three modes for the CCC exam. The requirements for these modes are as follows:
- Direct Candidates – These are candidates who sponsor for themselves. Such candidates are eligible regardless of their age or educational qualification.
- Candidates from Government Recognized Institutions – These candidates are sponsored by government-recognized schools and colleges and have obtained their unique identity number from NIELIT.
- Candidates from NIELIT approved institutions – Such candidates can join irrespective of their age of educational qualification.
CCC Application Process
The application process for CCC is completely online. Interested candidates can follow the procedure mentioned below to register themselves.
- Visit National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology – http://student.nielit.gov.in
- Navigate to the Student section on the home page.
- Click on Digital Literacy Courses Section
- Here, candidates will be presented with the list of available courses including CCC
- Select CCC and proceed with the registration
- Candidates will then be directed to enter their details in the application form.
- Ensure to read through the instructions once more before submitting
- Finally, candidates will have to pay the fee for the CCC examination – which is INR 500 (+ tax wherever applicable)
- Post the payment of the fee and submission of the applicant, candidates will receive an acknowledgement stating that they have successfully completed their registration.
CCC Application Fee
- All candidates will have to pay INR 500/- as the application fee
- Please note – GST is excluded from the application fee and will have to be borne by the candidates
- Candidates can pay the fee through the following online modes:
- Credit card
- Debit card
CCC Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered themselves can download the admit card prior to the commencement of their exams. To do so, candidates can follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Visit the official student section of the NIELIT portal – https://student.nielit.gov.in/.
- If the admit card has already been made available, then a notification stating the same will be displayed. If not, please try after a few days
- Select the course mentioned under the IT Literacy programme (CCC)
- Candidates will then be prompted to enter their application number
- Then, the candidates will be able to download their admit card
Note: Along with the admit card, candidates are required to carry a copy of their identity proof to their examination hall. Failure to comply will result in not being allowed to appear for the exam
Acceptable Identity proof:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Bank Passbook
- ID card from the government
- ID card from an educational institution
The CCC result will be announced in the form of grades. Usually, the results are declared within 15 days of the exam. The grades and their meaning are as follows:
|Percentage of Marks||Grade|
|<50%||F – (FAIL)|
From the above chart, it is understood that candidates must score at least 50% and above to receive their CCC certificate.
Steps to Download CCC Certificate
If the candidate has cleared their CCC exam, then they will be issued a digitally signed e-certificate. Candidates can download their certificates by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the certificate section from the official NIELIT portal – http://nielit.gov.in/certificate/.
- Candidates will then be prompted to select their exam (CCC in this case)
- Then, they will have to fill in all the required details
- Click submit
- Candidates will then receive a code on their registered mobile or email
- Verify the digital signature
- Download the certificate or print it out for employment purposes.
- And do ensure to save the PDF offline for future references.
FAQ’s on CCC Certificate
What is a CCC Certificate?
CCC is a computer literacy program designed to impart fundamental IT knowledge to the general public. CCC certificate is issued only to those individuals who clear their CCC exam.
What are the educational requirements to apply for CCC?
No minimum educational qualifications are required to apply for CCC. Furthermore, no minimum or maximum age criteria is present for the application.
How to apply for CCC?
Visit the National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (http://student.nielit.gov.in) and select the CCC programme. Follow the steps mentioned on the screen.
What is the application fee for CCC?
All interested candidates will have to pay an application fee of INR 500 (+ taxes wherever applicable)
What is the mode of examination?
The mode of examination is online. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes and there will be a total of 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark. Candidates will have to secure at least 50 marks to clear the exam.
The post NIELIT CCC Certificate | Eligibility, Syllabus, Application Process, Fee, Admit Card, Result appeared first on A Plus Topper.